The Merchandising Assistant is responsible for assisting the merchandising and production teams with daily tasks. They work directly with the merchandising and production teams to facilitate the production life cycle through tasks such as creating inspiration boards, communicating with the factory, managing the sample room and writing purchase orders. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about learning and growing within the menswear business.
- Minimum of BA degree in Business or Merchandising.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in merchandising or production.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- MS office, strong Excel skills required.
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Work alongside the merchandising & production team for multiple brands which encompass dress shirts and sportswear.
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members (design, production, retail, sales, etc.) and understand the different roles of cross-functional teams and how they relate to the merchandising department.
- Work with merchandisers on product development for each season starting from inspiration boards all the way through to sampling.
- Daily communication and follow up with factory and mill on all product developments and production needs.
- Management and organization of fabric strike offs and samples.
- Create and maintain line sheets and product knowledge packets.
- Assist production team with writing, revising and tracking orders.
- Research past sales and collect data for future developments and ways to improve.
- Perform market research and create power point based on findings.
- Support team during market (assemble selling tools, organize showroom, check in/out samples).
- Attend meetings with Design, Production, Sales teams and take thorough notes.